Redirect

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

National Rural Research Network in Ottawa

This week I am heading to the Nations Capital to participate in the second National Rural Research Workshop on Policy and Research in Community Investment.  I am looking forward to the program as it brings together folks that I have connected with in the past and it will summarize some very important progress on rural research across the country.  I often feel a bit isolated working on rural research, particularly because I specialize in tourism and amenity development - two topics that are not exactly mainstream in this group.

I will post from the road if I get a chance. My talk is on Thursday where I will present "Pondering Policy and programs to support Amenity Based Rural Development in Canada". This is a presentation that combines insights on ABRD from Thomas Bergbusch, Senior Policy Advisor for Canada's Rural and Cooperatives Secretariat and my thoughts from the past two projects conducted for them.  I will post it after the conference but suffice to say, we tell the story about how a new idea like ABRD has come to be in Canada and where we have yet to go to get policy in support of a new approach to place based development for rural Canada.

I found out last night that the Royal tour is happening - maybe I will get a chance to stand in a crowd of 80,000 to practice my royal "wave"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment